Then, you will see all the AIS positions contained in each file displayed on the map. You will notice that each layer on the map is displayed with one colour per layer (i.e., one per CSV file). To be able to identify the positions for each vessel, you can choose to use a different colour for each vessel, by following the steps described below:
- Right click on one of the AIS layers.
- Select the “Symbology” option.
- Select “Categorised” in the first drop down menu.
- Select “mmsi” in the “column” drop down menu. This means that AIS positional data will be grouped by mmsi and each group will be assigned a different colour.
- Select “Classify”, “Apply”, and OK.
After completing the steps described above, you will be able to identify the positions of each vessel, as shown in the image.